Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Faber – Professional Identities

What do I think about professional communication? I think that writing by doctors, etc should be considered professional but …writing by other fields in which there are professionals should also be considered professional writing. As a technical writer I see my work and writing as professional. I think professionals and professional communicators are individuals who have earned respect by gaining credibility and authority in a specific field. I think that these individuals have earned respect in a field by their education and work experience. Others who may not have a degree or are a member of a specific organization can also gain respect in a specific field. I work with a few technical writers who do not have a degree, but they have earned my respect because of their work experience and their credibility.

I think that who individuals describe as professionals is unique. I define professionals as someone who has earned respect is his/her profession and has gathered the respect of colleagues in their field. I would trust this person with situations in their field because they are recognized as a professional. Others who may have similar qualities to a professional in a specific field but are not recognized as a professional would not earn as much respect for me as someone that is recognized in this group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home