Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Mission Statement Discussion

Commenting on a mission statement…I chose the following from the Ford® Company:

Our VisionOur vision is to become the world’s leading consumer company for automotive products and services.Our MissionWe are a global family with a proud heritage, passionately committed to providing personal mobility for people around the world. We anticipate consumer needs and deliver outstanding products and services that improve people’s lives.Our ValuesThe customer is Job 1. We do the right thing for our customers, our people, our environment and our society. By improving everything we do, we provide superior returns to our shareholders.

I actually thought it was difficult to find a good mission statement. Most companies’ mission statements were too lengthy. I think a mission statement should be a short and concise objective that clearly states the companies’ main objective in one sentence.

1 Comments:

Blogger Doc Mara said...

Is it possible to have a one sentence mission for a company that employs over 100,000 people? Why is simplicity the best? Is this a cultural convention without support, or is there a good reason for it.

As far as I can tell, ALL companies should limit their mission to "MAKE MONEY"...

October 7, 2004 at 7:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home