Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Extended Critque on Non-Classmate

Here is the site: http://www.angelfire.com/grrl/jen_garrett/2003/05/vocation-ing.html.

What I have learned about this process:
I thought it was difficult to find a decent blog to critique. I wanted to find something relevant to myself or for technical writing, but I think there is a lot of useless blog information out there. Finally, I did find something that it appears was actually written by someone affiliated with the blogger.com site. So my first impression on commenting on someone else’s blog is that it is difficult to find a decent blog to comment on.

Once, a blog is located, I did feel a bit uncomfortable and did not know what to expect by commenting on someone else’s blog. I am wondering what the blog creator will think of my comments: will they be useful? will they understand my comment / or think about why I commented on their blog?

I’m not sure how my blog comment will be perceived but I am not too worried about it. I’m sure it is pretty typical for others to post on blogs that they are not affiliated with – note: no one outside of class has posted on my blog…I typically don’t blog or e-mail people that I don’t know, so this is a new experience for me. I may e-mail that I don’t know but I anticipate meeting them in the future or I am asking them information, but I don’t randomly post my thoughts on the Internet for fun and hope that others are interested. I guess we will wait and see and maybe my blog comment will inspire a reply.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home